One year ago today, 5 months into the Spread Love campaign, I didn't know what was possible. My head was telling me to shut down because of the hate and divisiveness swirling in the media and daily conversations leaving me feeling a bit hopeless. But my heart was yelling louder to keep pushing on with the dreams dancing in my head. Dreams of what could be possible if people could rise up and connect around one unifying message. Dreams that were being realized through connections made in my local community and across the country. Instead of shutting down, I unfurled a banner I had purchased with dreams to have it fly atop the Space Needle...I settled with letting it fly on my house and continue to hold onto the dream of bigger venues.
All the feelings I had a year ago remain but have grown stronger. I am more concerned about what is happening every day in our country but I am also more passionate about finding ways to grow this campaign. I am hearing stories every day about how important this message is to people as the see it popping up in their communities or connection and learning that happened because someone was wearing the #believeLOVEunite message.
The most overwhelming feeling I sit with every day is one of unease with myself. I can see what is possible but being a person of limited knowledge, reach, influence, ability, etc unease overwhelms me that I will not be able to spread this message far enough, fast enough, well enough to have the impact I envision. Wrestling with uncertainty is unsettlingly and very uncomfortable but I hold onto the knowledge that in the struggle true growth will happen.
I am sharing these thoughts with you today in hopes that you will do one thing for me from the following list:
1. Purchase 2 or more items to share with your community...spreading the message beyond your home will speed the ripple effect we need. If you get 10 signs, I can guarantee you will not have a problem finding 9 friends who will reimburse you😍
Use the code "UNITER" to receive 15% off orders of $75 or more.
2. Share the website, www.believeloveunite.com with 10 friends and invite them to join you in the Believe Love Unite movement.
3. Contact me if you have 1 day in July/August to support Believe Love Unite.
4. Contact me if you or your child (highschool/college age) would like to work (paid) for BLU this summer
5. Share a picture of you with your sign, shirt, bumper sticker, etc. with me via email and on Facebook's Believe Love Unite Community page.
6. Like and follow BLU on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @believeloveunite
7. Consider the unique gifts or resources you have that you can contribute to strengthening the impact of Believe Love Unite.
WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER
TOGETHER WE RISE